Monday, July 12, 2010

Karina's Inner Monologue making a Birthday Cake...

"Karina, will you make my birthday party cake?"

"Yes, yes I will. What flavors do you want?"

"Surprise me, I trust you."

"Done."


Mango, Lime, Basil Cake with Ginger and Cinnamon... I'll make it vegan.




I'll use my favorite go-to vegan cake recipe as a base and add my mango-basil puree. Better use a little less water than it calls for since this is a lot of green liquid.

Wow...good.



Now for frosting. I have earth balance and powdered sugar to start with and I guess I'll mix it with the other half of this mango, basil, lime, and ginger. I think I'll add these dates too. And some more cinnamon. It needs an extra kick...this splash of Jameson I have in the freezer...

(This actually may be the best frosting I've made...)


My favorite garnishes, figs, are back. Gotta use them. These oranges will look good too with some more fresh basil and dates.


This looks kinda alright...



I have to start trying to sell my cakes...


Here, let me arrange the candles for you (hands off my cake.)



Another Happy Birthday for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment