Saturday, April 30, 2011

Karina's Spring Breakfast Series- pt. 1- Thyme For Eggs

I've probably stated somewhere before that my favorite meal to both cook and eat is breakfast. (It shocks me that so many people can willingly skip it.) Taking a few minutes extra than it would to toast your frozen waffles or slam a bowl of Fruit Loops, you could have a restaurant-worthy plate of energizing morning goodness to fuel you for your day. I thought I'd share with you a few of the simple, creative breakfast twists I've tried over the last few weeks..


I purchased some organic fresh thyme, shallots, yellow summer squash and pears to treat myself for a rare weekend morning off to myself.




I began by heating up some olive oil in my saute pan and then adding my shallots. Once they were translucent and starting to brown, I added the thyme I had washed and (mostly) taken off its stems, and the sliced yellow squash and pears.


After a few minutes of sauteing, I added sea salt, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and a dash of yellow curry powder. I also added some fresh spinach in there at the very end and let that wither into the mix.


I fried two eggs Over Medium (you can see me a flip an egg from a previous post here) and sprinkled a pinch of sea salt on them. I also toasted my favorite Mi Abuelita Tortillas blue corn tortillas that I get from The Haight St Market.


Ten Minutes later I was feasting on this delicious sweet and savory breakfast of champions and quite thrilled about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment