Friday, November 6, 2009

Karina made a simple salad...

After a week of culinary indulgence down in the Big Easy, I desperately needed to get back into my healthy eating routines and there is nothing I love more than a really fresh, satisfying salad.


I had some left over organic eggplant, so I decided to cut it in strips and throw it in the oven with cauliflower, sliced onions, and whole garlic cloves. I threw some olive oil and lemon slices on it to keep it juicy as it roasted, and spiced with a few shakes of salt, pepper and cayenne. I put it in at 350* and cooked it a half hour or so until the eggplant was soft and cooked through and I could squeeze garlic paste out of its skin.

I chose some organic red-tip leaf lettuce for its tender, sweet flavor and chopped up organic carrots, vine tomatoes, avocado, sliced almonds, pink-lady apples, and dried cranberries.

Often I make my own dressing but this time I gave into my obsession for Annie's Naturals Woodstock Tahini/Tomato Dressing. I gave it a good toss...


...and added a scoop of my warm, roasted veg, and that's all there was to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment